I have owned a Panasonic Viera Plasma HDTV for only 6 months when the picture went dark and required servicing.I live in a metro Pittsburgh and learned that the closest service was nearly a 1 hour drive away.

When I talked to Panasonic, I was told that they were sorry for the inconvenience and offered no other options. When I contacted them through the web, they sent me emails telling me to call the same customer service center that I had talked to the prior day. Now, I could understand if I lived in rural Alaska and needed service. I would expect to require a bush plane to obtain service.

But, really? No service providers in a metro area?

If I knew that I would have to drive to Timbuktu on $4/gallon gasoline, I would have purchased an HDTV from one of their competitors.Sadly, it probably wouldn't require service after only 6 months either.

Had an Experience with Panasonic?

Comments

PanasonicTeam

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience. Panasonic has just started reviewing this site. Your posting will be added to a report and reviewed to determine how we can improve our processes and personnel training.

I know what you mean my 60" made it 4mo. and went out

they fixed it once then it started s

electrocuting with 119 volts thru the hdmi ports #1 and #3 but only after it was fixed then they tried to say its my outlet that caused it! But when tested it test fine so i know where your coming from!