Panasonic failing to honor warranty on a lens purchased as part of a camera kit from Amazon

18 of 242 Panasonic reviews

The lens I bought failed - some adhesive came unstuck making it unusable. I bought the camera on Amazon on 6.3.2015, I reported this issue in 5.13.2016 and sent in for repair AND ensured the package was signed for for. It was received on 5.19.2016 at the repair centre in Mcallen, TX.

Today (6.2.16) I received an email saying that it had been received outside the warranty period according my proof of purchase (i.e. my Amazon invoice) and would have to pay $287.50 for repair.

Firstly proof of delivery and emails show the process was begun in May 2016, secondly it is 1 day early for them to try and wheedle out of their warranty.

Come on Panasonic, get it together and honor your warranties!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
18 of 242 Panasonic reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
PanasonicTeam

Jun 08 #1170257

Thank you for brining your situation to our attention, and allowing us to provide a resolution. The repair has been completed under warranty, and the unit has been shipped from the repair center back to you.

ptibbs

Jun 07 #1169957 Houston, Texas, United States

Well it does look like Panasonic Customer Care very quickly stepped up and dealt with the issue following post. I have received a new or refurbished lens that is working as intended. It took 5 calendar days to resolve form start to finish.
Many thanks to the person or people who made this happen.

PanasonicTeam

Jun 03 #1168251

Thank you for providing your experience. Panasonic would like to properly assist you. Please email our team at Consumer20@us.panasonic.com Attn PC.com. Include your contact details and any available documentation that you have.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.