1.6K views

When we have a power outage in our rural area, no matter if the TV is on or off, the TV does not start for about 24 hours. Our 50 inch Panasonic Viera TCP50X5 is out of warranty by a few months and the no-start after a power outage seems to be a common problem for many owners.

Our 46 inch Viera, now 4 years old, has been problem free. Panasonic has been no help besides saying "check the electrical connection" and "You need Panasonic service" (150 miles away).

Panasonic used to be tops in quality - No Longer! Given that this is a problem for many (given on-line complaints) does anyone have an answer?

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of panasonic tv from Panasonic. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Panasonic to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Panasonic for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

#1471943

My Panasonic tv will not come on either after a power outage. Second time in as many months.

Have to wait 3 days to a week. What a joke.

God bless technology!! Last Panasonic I'll buy

We have the same problem with our Panasonic. Electric went off for a split second on Wed, its now Friday and still can't get it to come on.

I even did all the button pressing and counting, unplugging, plugging in.

What a pain in the butt. Will be getting a new tv soon.

Kingston Springs, Tennessee, United States #1333260

I am so sick of this issue! I have been dealing with the same power outage issue for 2 years now!

It makes no sense at all...All the connections are good. I've tried everything, but still have to wait anywhere from 2 days to a week for it to come back on.

I have called different places and they all say the same thing-they don't know and it's not their problem! I am furious!!

I been having the same problem for two years my tv does not come on for days. Now two days since the power surge. Never ever will I buy another panasonic tv again in this life

PanasonicTeam

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience. Panasonic has just started reviewing this site and would like the opportunity to properly review your situation. Please email us at Consumer20@us.panasonic.com using the subject Attn Review #584532.

to PanasonicTeam #1453415

It’s still an issue!!!! Any resolution other than purchasing anything other than a Panasonic??

PanasonicTeam

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience. Panasonic has just started reviewed this site and would like the opportunity to properly review your situation. Please email us at Consumer20@us.panasonic.com using the subject Attn Review #584532.