Update added by user Feb 12
Note image of bumper stickers I had printed and placed on both my cars.Many, many people (strangers) have stopped me and ask where they can get one for themselves based on their own Panasonic nightmares.
Unfortunately, I only printed a limited number for myself and friends who have had similar experiences with this anti-consumer producer of defective garbage.
But please feel free to copy the image and print your own.You can print them for about $1 apiece online.
Update added by user Jun 26, 2015
Note that the actual model was the Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT50 65" plasma TV.The review heading indicates a different model number and a smaller screen.
This is important because the 65" was Panasonic's most expensive, "highest rated" model. Despite this, Panasonic customer service still treated my like a deep-pocketed leper, demanding $100 just to obtain the telephone number of an "authorized technician" who, according to Panasonic, would have charged me even more money to simply diagnose the problem even before any discussion of repairs (and the cost of repairs) was permitted. Obviously, I opted to purchase a new TV.
I placed the defective 65" paperweight on my front lawn with an appropriate message.See photo.
Original review posted by user Jun 24, 2015
After Pioneer stopped making their superb Kuro line of televisions, Panasonic was supposedly the next best thing.So in 2012, I moved my beloved 60" Kuro to my bedroom, where it still works beautifully, more than a decade after purchase, and I bought Panny's "Top of the Line" 65-inch TC-P65VT50 Viera for nearly $4000.
The picture quality (particularly the black levels) never came close to approaching the Pioneer. The Viera was part of a home theater setup that had two cheap Samsung TVs above it. The Samsungs always had a much better picture, despite costing a few hundred dollars apiece, as well as being at least five years older than the "Top of the Line" Viera. Over time, I had to constantly adjust color levels and adjust advance picture settings because the Viera looked hazy, with washed-out colors.
And, of course, "black" on the Viera was more like "medium gray". Less than three years after I bought this piece of ***, I tried to turn it on and all I got was three blinking red dots. I called Panasonic and the "people" handling customer issues were worse than a DMV clerk one week away from retirement at five minutes before closing time.
The slimy dirtbag who answered the call demanded money before even listening to the problem.The *** who answer the phone at Panasonic KNOW what the blinking light codes mean, but they refuse to disclose that information until you hand over a ransom for the "privilege" of watching their grainy, washed out, poorly-made, garbage.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Ease of Use|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality tv
- Exhorbitant price terrible product
- Attempt to extort more money
- Vicious customer service rep
- Faulty merchandise
- Reason of review:
- All of the above
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Panasonic Viera Tc-P55Vt50 55-Inch Plasma Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Hello My name is Janie Long. I bought a new Wave oven and after about 6 times of using it the dome crack's in half. The heating element still works..."
- "I Purchased My Panasonic Eluga MARK ( newly Launched) on 5th January 2016.After,5 Month usage and without any Physical Damage, It causes some internal Manufacturing defect, that is Automatically shut..."
- "DO NOT BUY A VIZIO TV, unless you want to throw away your hard earned cash! I purchased a Vizio TV, Model # E55i-A0, in November, 2013. 9 months later,..."
- "don't be fooled by reviews on their own site, they only post good ones. Actual, honest, bad reviews are deleted, that's why there's none. I paid $ 370 for two..."
- "I like every other complaint on here ordered the same way with the same issues. I ordered on 05/06/15. I paid 19.95 extra for express shipping My order confirmation is..."
- "Ordered a simple calla lilies composition for my wedding in Arlington VA. The flowers delivered were rotten and the vase was broken! Imagine my surprise when I call the service..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."