Panasonic - Terrible, Overpriced TV, Miserable Customer Service
Update added by user Feb 12
Note image of bumper stickers I had printed and placed on both my cars.Many, many people (strangers) have stopped me and ask where they can get one for themselves based on their own Panasonic nightmares.
Unfortunately, I only printed a limited number for myself and friends who have had similar experiences with this anti-consumer producer of defective garbage.
But please feel free to copy the image and print your own.You can print them for about $1 apiece online.
Update added by user Jun 26, 2015
Note that the actual model was the Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT50 65" plasma TV.The review heading indicates a different model number and a smaller screen.
This is important because the 65" was Panasonic's most expensive, "highest rated" model. Despite this, Panasonic customer service still treated my like a deep-pocketed leper, demanding $100 just to obtain the telephone number of an "authorized technician" who, according to Panasonic, would have charged me even more money to simply diagnose the problem even before any discussion of repairs (and the cost of repairs) was permitted. Obviously, I opted to purchase a new TV.
I placed the defective 65" paperweight on my front lawn with an appropriate message.See photo.
Original review posted by user Jun 24, 2015
After Pioneer stopped making their superb Kuro line of televisions, Panasonic was supposedly the next best thing.So in 2012, I moved my beloved 60" Kuro to my bedroom, where it still works beautifully, more than a decade after purchase, and I bought Panny's "Top of the Line" 65-inch TC-P65VT50 Viera for nearly $4000.
The picture quality (particularly the black levels) never came close to approaching the Pioneer. The Viera was part of a home theater setup that had two cheap Samsung TVs above it. The Samsungs always had a much better picture, despite costing a few hundred dollars apiece, as well as being at least five years older than the "Top of the Line" Viera. Over time, I had to constantly adjust color levels and adjust advance picture settings because the Viera looked hazy, with washed-out colors.
And, of course, "black" on the Viera was more like "medium gray". Less than three years after I bought this piece of ***, I tried to turn it on and all I got was three blinking red dots. I called Panasonic and the "people" handling customer issues were worse than a DMV clerk one week away from retirement at five minutes before closing time.
The slimy dirtbag who answered the call demanded money before even listening to the problem.The *** who answer the phone at Panasonic KNOW what the blinking light codes mean, but they refuse to disclose that information until you hand over a ransom for the "privilege" of watching their grainy, washed out, poorly-made, garbage.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Ease of Use|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality tv
- Exhorbitant price terrible product
- Attempt to extort more money
- Vicious customer service rep
- Faulty merchandise
- Reason of review:
- All of the above
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Panasonic Viera Tc-P55Vt50 55-Inch Plasma Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "Much like the other reviews here, they put me through the ringer. Forms, tax returns, bank statements, W-2's, etc. One step at a time. So first fill out forms. 3..."
- "I purchased a television and sound bar from hhgregg in Largo Maryland. I ordered full installation of both with delivery and hidden wire and to haul away my old television.My..."
- "Ordered a simple calla lilies composition for my wedding in Arlington VA. The flowers delivered were rotten and the vase was broken! Imagine my surprise when I call the service..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."