Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Feb 12, 2016

Note image of bumper stickers I had printed and placed on both my cars.Many, many people (strangers) have stopped me and ask where they can get one for themselves based on their own Panasonic nightmares.

Unfortunately, I only printed a limited number for myself and friends who have had similar experiences with this anti-consumer producer of defective garbage.

But please feel free to copy the image and print your own.You can print them for about $1 apiece online.

Update by user Jun 26, 2015

Note that the actual model was the Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT50 65" plasma TV.The review heading indicates a different model number and a smaller screen.

This is important because the 65" was Panasonic's most expensive, "highest rated" model. Despite this, Panasonic customer service still treated my like a deep-pocketed leper, demanding $100 just to obtain the telephone number of an "authorized technician" who, according to Panasonic, would have charged me even more money to simply diagnose the problem even before any discussion of repairs (and the cost of repairs) was permitted. Obviously, I opted to purchase a new TV.

I placed the defective 65" paperweight on my front lawn with an appropriate message.See photo.

Original review posted by user Jun 24, 2015

After Pioneer stopped making their superb Kuro line of televisions, Panasonic was supposedly the next best thing.So in 2012, I moved my beloved 60" Kuro to my bedroom, where it still works beautifully, more than a decade after purchase, and I bought Panny's "Top of the Line" 65-inch TC-P65VT50 Viera for nearly $4000.

The picture quality (particularly the black levels) never came close to approaching the Pioneer. The Viera was part of a home theater setup that had two cheap Samsung TVs above it. The Samsungs always had a much better picture, despite costing a few hundred dollars apiece, as well as being at least five years older than the "Top of the Line" Viera. Over time, I had to constantly adjust color levels and adjust advance picture settings because the Viera looked hazy, with washed-out colors.

And, of course, "black" on the Viera was more like "medium gray". Less than three years after I bought this piece of ***, I tried to turn it on and all I got was three blinking red dots. I called Panasonic and the "people" handling customer issues were worse than a DMV clerk one week away from retirement at five minutes before closing time.

The slimy dirtbag who answered the call demanded money before even listening to the problem.The *** who answer the phone at Panasonic KNOW what the blinking light codes mean, but they refuse to disclose that information until you hand over a ransom for the "privilege" of watching their grainy, washed out, poorly-made, garbage.

This reviewer shared experience about "all of the above" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $4000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Panasonic and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about panasonic viera tc-p55vt50 55-inch plasma tv from Panasonic was poor quality tv, attempt to extort more money and vicious customer service rep Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Panasonic.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Panasonic to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Panasonic?

Comments

PanasonicTeam

hank you for taking the time to provide your experience. Panasonic has just started reviewing this site and would like the opportunity to properly review your situation. Please email us at Consumer20@us.panasonic.com using the subject Attn Review #655348.

PanasonicTeam

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience. Panasonic has just started reviewed this site and would like the opportunity to properly review your situation. Please email us at Consumer20@us.panasonic.com using the subject Attn Review #655348.