Panasonic - Terrible, Overpriced TV, Miserable Customer Service

55 of 242 Panasonic reviews

Update added by user Feb 12

Note image of bumper stickers I had printed and placed on both my cars.Many, many people (strangers) have stopped me and ask where they can get one for themselves based on their own Panasonic nightmares.

Unfortunately, I only printed a limited number for myself and friends who have had similar experiences with this anti-consumer producer of defective garbage.

But please feel free to copy the image and print your own.You can print them for about $1 apiece online.

Update added by user Jun 26, 2015

Note that the actual model was the Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT50 65" plasma TV.The review heading indicates a different model number and a smaller screen.

This is important because the 65" was Panasonic's most expensive, "highest rated" model. Despite this, Panasonic customer service still treated my like a deep-pocketed leper, demanding $100 just to obtain the telephone number of an "authorized technician" who, according to Panasonic, would have charged me even more money to simply diagnose the problem even before any discussion of repairs (and the cost of repairs) was permitted. Obviously, I opted to purchase a new TV.

I placed the defective 65" paperweight on my front lawn with an appropriate message.See photo.

Original review posted by user Jun 24, 2015

After Pioneer stopped making their superb Kuro line of televisions, Panasonic was supposedly the next best thing.So in 2012, I moved my beloved 60" Kuro to my bedroom, where it still works beautifully, more than a decade after purchase, and I bought Panny's "Top of the Line" 65-inch TC-P65VT50 Viera for nearly $4000.

The picture quality (particularly the black levels) never came close to approaching the Pioneer. The Viera was part of a home theater setup that had two cheap Samsung TVs above it. The Samsungs always had a much better picture, despite costing a few hundred dollars apiece, as well as being at least five years older than the "Top of the Line" Viera. Over time, I had to constantly adjust color levels and adjust advance picture settings because the Viera looked hazy, with washed-out colors.

And, of course, "black" on the Viera was more like "medium gray". Less than three years after I bought this piece of ***, I tried to turn it on and all I got was three blinking red dots. I called Panasonic and the "people" handling customer issues were worse than a DMV clerk one week away from retirement at five minutes before closing time.

The slimy dirtbag who answered the call demanded money before even listening to the problem.The *** who answer the phone at Panasonic KNOW what the blinking light codes mean, but they refuse to disclose that information until you hand over a ransom for the "privilege" of watching their grainy, washed out, poorly-made, garbage.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor quality tv
    • Exhorbitant price terrible product
    • Attempt to extort more money
    • Vicious customer service rep

Panasonic Viera Tc-P55Vt50 55-Inch Plasma Tv
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #655348 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Panasonic? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
55 of 242 Panasonic reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
PanasonicTeam

Feb 03 #1105571

hank you for taking the time to provide your experience. Panasonic has just started reviewing this site and would like the opportunity to properly review your situation. Please email us at Consumer20@us.panasonic.com using the subject Attn Review #655348.

0 0 Reply
PanasonicTeam

Feb 03 #1105504

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience. Panasonic has just started reviewed this site and would like the opportunity to properly review your situation. Please email us at Consumer20@us.panasonic.com using the subject Attn Review #655348.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.