Panasonic - Terrible, Overpriced TV, Miserable Customer Service
Update added by user Feb 12, 2016
Note image of bumper stickers I had printed and placed on both my cars.Many, many people (strangers) have stopped me and ask where they can get one for themselves based on their own Panasonic nightmares.
Unfortunately, I only printed a limited number for myself and friends who have had similar experiences with this anti-consumer producer of defective garbage.
But please feel free to copy the image and print your own.You can print them for about $1 apiece online.
Update added by user Jun 26, 2015
Note that the actual model was the Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT50 65" plasma TV.The review heading indicates a different model number and a smaller screen.
This is important because the 65" was Panasonic's most expensive, "highest rated" model. Despite this, Panasonic customer service still treated my like a deep-pocketed leper, demanding $100 just to obtain the telephone number of an "authorized technician" who, according to Panasonic, would have charged me even more money to simply diagnose the problem even before any discussion of repairs (and the cost of repairs) was permitted. Obviously, I opted to purchase a new TV.
I placed the defective 65" paperweight on my front lawn with an appropriate message.See photo.
Original review posted by user Jun 24, 2015
After Pioneer stopped making their superb Kuro line of televisions, Panasonic was supposedly the next best thing.So in 2012, I moved my beloved 60" Kuro to my bedroom, where it still works beautifully, more than a decade after purchase, and I bought Panny's "Top of the Line" 65-inch TC-P65VT50 Viera for nearly $4000.
The picture quality (particularly the black levels) never came close to approaching the Pioneer. The Viera was part of a home theater setup that had two cheap Samsung TVs above it. The Samsungs always had a much better picture, despite costing a few hundred dollars apiece, as well as being at least five years older than the "Top of the Line" Viera. Over time, I had to constantly adjust color levels and adjust advance picture settings because the Viera looked hazy, with washed-out colors.
And, of course, "black" on the Viera was more like "medium gray". Less than three years after I bought this piece of ***, I tried to turn it on and all I got was three blinking red dots. I called Panasonic and the "people" handling customer issues were worse than a DMV clerk one week away from retirement at five minutes before closing time.
The slimy dirtbag who answered the call demanded money before even listening to the problem.The *** who answer the phone at Panasonic KNOW what the blinking light codes mean, but they refuse to disclose that information until you hand over a ransom for the "privilege" of watching their grainy, washed out, poorly-made, garbage.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Ease of Use|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality tv
- Exhorbitant price terrible product
- Attempt to extort more money
- Vicious customer service rep
- Faulty merchandise
- Reason of review:
- All of the above
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Panasonic Viera Tc-P55Vt50 55-Inch Plasma Tv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "I bought a brand new (or so I thought) X2 on 12/8/16 straight off of the company website. It was a promo deal that included the board and bag. When..."
- "I purchased a waist training belt. I wore it one time and in less than two hours, it tore in two places. I tried returning it and have just been..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "Service Doctors was called to the house on Saturday 2/28/2015 since the thermostat was not working properly and the heat shut off after trying to repair the thermostat. They came..."
- "Beware service department. We had a solid buying experience here years ago buying a 4Runner for my wife (would have given that a 5). Like most we do not use..."
- "I like every other complaint on here ordered the same way with the same issues. I ordered on 05/06/15. I paid 19.95 extra for express shipping My order confirmation is..."